Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ninja Bunnies


A current work in progress.

Any creative type knows how hard it can be to face that white page. For me it's even harder to face in my sketchbook. Why? I'm not sure. Maybe it's because I feel like sketchbooks often say more about a person than the work they put in their portfolio. Maybe it's because I look back through my old sketchbooks and often feel a bit disappointed that I never utilized it like the tool that it is. I'm not going to lie. One of my biggest critiques about my work ethic is not utilizing every opportunity to the fullest. For example, I feel I don't wholly embrace the entire white page of my sketchbook. So, I'm trying to turn over a new leaf by pushing myself to fill all the page.

My first attempt, Ninja Bunnies. Not sure why. I sat down to doodle, and couldn't think of anything. Well, no, that's not true. I did think of ninja bunnies. Not sure why but if I were to be attacked by a bunch of ninja bunnies, I'd be more afraid of them rather than a group of real ninjas.  Think about it! One of them gets killed off, they quickly... do their Bunnie thing, and pop out another! It's Brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment