Sunday, August 16, 2009

Do you believe in Momo?

Momo, short for "Missouri Monster" is also know for many other names. Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Yowie, Skunk Ape and even Nuk-luk, is well known in various cultures throughout the world. This creature is recognized by the scientific community to be the result of folklore and hoax.

As a child with a vivid imagination growing up, I desperately wanted to believe in Momo. I wanted to discover one in the woods behind my house. I used to read books, and research their
supposed way to better my chances. The older I got the more that dream was replaced with reality, and I have long since stopped looking. But every now and again, when someone breaks into the news with the revelation that they have found "Bigfoot" the tiniest bit that still believes tends to flutter.

A few weeks ago I was told to honor my 'inner-child' and produce work
that made me happy. As a result, all my Momo-saturated feelings came to mind,
and I began to doodle.


Stay tuned for my Momo to turn up in the future.



All Images are property of Abigael Orlando and associated clientele.
ANY unauthorized use may result in legal action against the respective parties. All rights reserved 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment