Thursday, January 6, 2011

...one more thing

I didn't want to overdose everyone in just one post, so I'm breaking this down a bit into a second post. One thing I've been trying to do is get a bit more hands on with my work. When I'm not doing my day job, I tend to doodle and daydream. Because I sit in front of a computer all day, I practically have to force myself to get a bit more hands on when it comes to creating any type of image. I got myself one of those one-a-day sketchbooks a while back and over the last two months, been trying to get back into the habit of drawing on a regular basis. I wasn't about to get my hopes up and think I could actually do one a day, everyday. It's entirely too much to ask. I obviously have plenty to do. So, from time to time, I'll be sitting somewhere and pull it out to sketch. Oddly enough I can't seem to figure out what I want to sketch around me, so I've been sketching what is literally right in front of me; I've been sketching my feet.

I'm not sure I'm going to keep going with the feet deal, but it is a nice change from my insane, whimsical style.




No comments:

Post a Comment