Thursday, December 16, 2010

KC AIGA Reach Out and Read Poster Contest

Kansas City AIGA hosted a call for entries in a poster to support Reach Out and Read® Kansas City. The theme was based off the idea of early reading to help reduce illiteracy and help build early child development. Working with one of the copywriters at my work, Doug Salva, we put our heads together and submitted a few ideas. Like old fashion I had so much going on that I waited until the last day/minute to submit our work. 

Of course the results won't be in until February, but I was still excited to take part. It was a really fun experience and a nice change of pace from the very commercial work I've been doing lately.

You can read more about it here.




2 comments:

  1. Hey love your designs! Did you go to the event? I really wanted to go but completely over-looked it! Just wondering if you knew who won or if there are any pics of the event anywhere?

    Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I didn't make it to the exhibition! I had planned on going but by the time it came around I totally developed the worst case of the flu ever and was totally bed ridden for days so I was unable to make it.

    I believe they should post pics in the AIGA gallery, but after a few more days I bet you might be able to dig some up. I'm still looking.

    Thanks for the PROPS, yo! It's always super nice to hear good things from other creatives!

    ReplyDelete