Sunday, March 28, 2010

2010 APO Week Twelve


There has been so much going on lately I have had very little time to actually catch up on my regular posts, and even worse, my life. I kind of feel like I'm losing touch with certain aspects of myself. Within this month, I've started my third job on top of my full time day job and my full time freelance business. I began teaching an Advanced Digital Imaging (Photoshop) class one day a week at a local college. It's not just any college either, but my alma mater to be more precise. It's so odd being back on campus. It brings back memories of sleepless nights, grueling projects and my very limited time for a social life. Now that I have finally been out in the "real world" I realize that very little has changed. Sometimes I often refer to myself as a workaholic, and I'm pretty sure that I've been called one by my Jim on more than one occasion.

On top of that, I had some pretty big happenings in my life lately. A friend of mine, whom I've pretty much known since pampers, lost her grandmother, which in turn felt like I had lost a family member of my own. Having grown up with her literally my whole life, I wanted to be there for her and give her that loving hug and a shoulder to cry on. I know I would have needed it if I were in her shoes. However, as we all grow older, we move away, and she is one of my two best girlfriends (you both know who you are) that has moved out of state, and I'm really longing for a get together with all of us. Especially with light of whats been happening in her life lately.

 Then there was the breaking of my antique coffee mug that was my absolute favorite, followed the next day by the news that the Folgers plant in down town KC was going to close it's doors. I felt like it was a sign from the coffee gods. If you've ever driven through downtown KC, you know that once you hit a certain point in the tangle of highways, you are instantly hit with that fresh ground coffee aroma. It lasts about a half mile, and trust me when I say that it really does make you feel like you've had a freshly brewed cup of coffee that kind of puts a smile on your face. I truly loved doing my grocery shopping in the River Market during the spring and catching the wind coming off of the other side of the highway and smelling it.

I've lived in the KC area for the last 8 years, and I haven't fully married myself to the idea, but I'm definitely starting to feel like it's become my home town. I'm really going to miss that smell driving through downtown, and it's going to be hard to move on. Trust me when I say it isn't the same as cracking open a new coffee container as the aroma wafts up to your face. I guess from now on I'll have to close my eyes and pretend. It's a good thing I'm a creative individual. I have a vivid imagination.

3.19.10
3.19.10


3.20.10
3.20.10


3.21.10
3.21.10


3.22.10
3.22.10


 3.23.10
3.23.10


3.24.10
3.24.10


3.25.10
3.25.10

1 comment:

  1. Girl, seriously! I've been in a real funk today about everything that's been going on (and I'm also trying to catch up on my rss feed), and reading this is exactly what I needed. I love and miss you so much, and we definitely need to plan that visit... Quit reading my mind, okay?!

    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete