Monday, January 25, 2010

Pistol Packin' Mama

It's been a long time since I spent a good deal of time on a semi-realistic 'doodle'.

When I was in the fifth grade, I had an amazing science teacher who liked to use limericks to help us remember things. During that time where we learned about the parts of a flower (i.e. piston, stamen, pollen & etc.), and she came up with a cute little limerick. Now, my memory fails me when it comes to remembering the whole deal, but one line has stuck with me since.

"Pistol Packin' Mama"

It's a silly little phrase, but to this day it pops into my mind from time to time. I decided to put it onto paper so that it could stick with me a bit longer. So, in a way, I'd like to thank you, Mrs. Jones, for giving me a bit of inspiration many, many years later.

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely AMAZING. I want a huge copy of this for my wall and I am not even kidding. What do you charge for large scale printouts??
    -Kathleen Frazier
    k.frazier@jacobs-university.de

    ReplyDelete